Team Captain Materials
Every successful team needs a strong Team Captain – thank you for taking on this rewarding responsibility. Your two main goals:
- Recruit walkers/runners to join your team.
- Manage and propel your team’s efforts in raising funds for the fight against HIV/AIDS.
Below, please find many tips and tools to help you be an effective Team Captain and lead your team to success. Please feel free to get in touch anytime regarding additional support needs – we’re always happy to provide advice and guidance.
Download a Team Captain Toolkit.
Build your team using our Recruitment Techniques:
- Use last year’s team roster – engage individuals from last year, these will be your strongest fundraisers. Last year’s team rosters are available upon request (email@example.com).
- Set up a Team Recruitment Table.
- Put a sign on your desk at work.
- Challenge each of your returning team members to recruit one or two friends or family members.
- Send an email message to your contacts. Here’s an example. (This email is available for you to send
through your fundraising dashboard - log in!)
Take a tour of the Team Captain section of your personal fundraising dashboard - watch the tutorial video below:
Join us for our Team Captain Fundraising Workshop:
Get fundraising ideas from our Tips & Tools.